We love fish.
Sure, they aren’t cute like cats or dogs, but out of sight, fish are helping to save the world. The ocean is our biggest protector against climate change, having absorbed over 90% of human made heat in the last 50 years, and fish play a critical role in keeping ocean ecosystems healthy.
We think these unsung heroes deserve a little love. If you agree, why not make some fish origami using the instructions below? All you need to get started is a square piece of paper.
1. Fold the paper in half both ways, then unfold it
2. Fold the left and right sides in to the centre
3. Fold the top and bottom edges to the centre, then unfold just these two
4. Grab the centre points on the left and right and pull them out to the side.
5. Press the bottom fold into the centre
6. Repeat this for the top section
7. Fold the left points out as shown
8. Fold the corner with the blue dot up to the pink dot
9. Fold the right flap down from the centre
10. Fold the corner with the blue dot down to the pink dot
11. Fold the flat up from the centre
12. Fold the top and bottom corners to the right as shown
13. Your folded fish should look like this
14. Turn it around
15. Optional: cut a little mouth in the front
16. Optional: decorate your fish!
17. Optional: take a picture of your fish and put it on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with #EndOverfishing